Small Group Discussion Guide
What in your life are you most proud of?
How can pride be positive? How can it be destructive?
1. Read I Peter 5:8. Are you “on your guard” about the devil on a daily basis?
2. Read 2 Chronicles 26:16 and Proverbs 16:18.
- Why do you think your enemy wants you full of pride?
- How easy is pride to see in others? How easy is it to see in yourself?
- Why do you think pride is this way?
3. Read the account of Satan’s fall in Isaiah 14:12-15.
- Pastor Bryan said, “You may never be more vulnerable than when you are full of pride.”
- How have you experienced this?
- What are you trying to do without God?
- Have you ever tried to use God to accomplish your will? Share a story.
4. Read James 4:6-8, 10.
- Why does God oppose the proud?
- What does it mean to submit to God?
- How do you resist the devil?
- What’s an area of your life where you need to humble yourself before God? What would that look like for you?
Ask someone close to you to tell you about any blind-spots to pride you may have in your life.