Small Group Discussion Guide
“...no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you.” Isaiah 54:17
• What is your first memory of feeling guilty as a kid?
- What do you think the devil wants you to believe about God?
- Read Revelation 12:10.
- Talk about the difference you’ve experienced between Satan’s accusations and the Holy Spirit’s conviction.
- What are some examples of accusations you hear in your mind? How might these accusations affect you?
- Read Zechariah 3:1-7. Pastor Bryan told the story of Joshua receiving new clothes in place of filthy ones. What has God done in your life that is similar to this?
- Read II Corinthians 10:3-5. Paul says there are enemy thoughts in your mind that you need to take captive. What do you do when you feel accused by the enemy? What doesn’t work? What helps you?
- Read 1 John 2:1 and really let it sink in. Do you live like Jesus is your advocate pleading your case? How could this change the conversations in your head
• Review the Scriptures listed. What biblical truth(s) do you need to memorize to destroy the regular accusations you hear?
VERSES FOR CHRISTIANS TO USE IN SPIRITUAL WARFARE
My Identity in Christ. Because of Jesus...
I am a child of God. (Galatians 3:26)
I am Christ’s ambassador. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
I am a masterpiece. (Ephesians 2:10)
I am chosen. (Ephesians 1:4)
I am a child of God. (John 1:12-13)
I am loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23)
I am loved. (John 3:16)
I am free. (John 8:32)
I am unashamed. (Romans 8:1)
I am strong. (1 John 2:14)
I am fearless. (Isaiah 43:5)
I am secure. (John 10:28-29)
I am not a people-pleaser. I answer to God first and seek to please Him. (Galatians 1:10)
I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I am not shaken. (Psalm 62:6)
I am born again. (1 Peter 1:23)
I am more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
I am mighty in His power. (Ephesians 6:10)
I am the Church and I exist for the world. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
Everyday Life with Jesus...
The same power that raised Christ from the dead lives in me. (Ephesians 1:19-20)
Nothing can separate me from God. (Romans 8:38-39)
Sin has no power over me. (Romans 6:14)
I have authority over the enemy. (Luke 10:19)
I can resist the enemy. (James 4:7)
I can endure all things through Christ. (Philippians 4:13)
I have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
I have everything I need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him. (2 Peter 1:3)
I have eternal life, which is knowing God. (John 17:3)
I overcome the world. (John 16:33)
Greater is He that lives in me. (1 John 4:4)
I am kept by the power of God. (1 Peter 1:5)
I have the power to tell others about God’s love for them. (Acts 1:8)
God meets my needs. (Philippians 4:19)
I have access to my heavenly Father. (Ephesians 2:18)
I have hope. (Hebrews 6:19)
The Lord is my shepherd. (Psalm 23:1)
My record has been wiped clean. (Psalm 103:12)
I am a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
It really is more blessed to give than to receive. (Acts 20:35)
Temptation / Addiction...
God always provides a way out, and I will take it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
He will help me; I only need to ask. (Matthew 7:7)
I submit to God and resist the devil. (James 4:7)
Discouragement / Hope...
When there is no hope, Jesus fills me with hope. (Romans 15:13)
I take my thoughts captive and align them with God’s perspective. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
I can put my hope in God’s promises because He is trustworthy. (Numbers 23:19)
I rely on God’s strength because when I am weak, I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
I run the race to finish strong. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
God will complete the work He first began in me. (Philippians 1:6)
Greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
I keep no record of wrongs. (1 Corinthians 13:5)
I will not be afraid because God is with me. (Isaiah 41:10)
I will not be a slave to fear. (Galatians 4:7)
God is my shelter and my hiding place. (Psalm 32:7)
The peace of God will guard my heart and mind. (Philippians 4:6-9)
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear! (Psalm 23:4)