Small Group Discussion Guide
Share a story about a time when you were lost.
1. The Key Principle in this message is: Direction, not intention, determines your destination.
- As full-proof as this principle is in the arena of driving, why do we struggle believing this principle in other areas of our lives?
2. Read Proverbs 7:6-9. Why do young people often lack judgment?
3. Read Proverbs 7:10-14. This woman’s last statement in verse 14 essentially means she has been to the temple and offered a sacrifice for her sins.
- Read I John 1:9. How do Christians sometimes use confession of their sins and the promise of God’s forgiveness as an excuse to sin?
- Read Galatians 6:7. What does God have to say about thinking we can get away with willful sin in our lives?
4. Read Proverbs 7:15-23
- Why do you think Solomon uses such grave terminology to describe what’s going to happen to this young man?
5. Read Proverbs 7:24-27
- What is Solomon’s admonition to all of us (see verse 25)?
- How might you apply this admonition to your life?
- Direction, not intention, determines your destination. Consider the different areas of your life below, and answer the question: ‘Are the paths you’re on going to get you where you want to be?’
Dating | Marriage | Family | Health | Spiritual Life | Finances