Small Group Discussion Guide
“I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.” Romans 7:15
1. Read Romans 7:14-25. Do you ever get frustrated by spiritual failure in your life? How might Paul’s honesty about failure give us hope in our spiritual journey?
2. Read Galatians 5:13-26. According to this passage, what are some of the keys to spiritual growth vs. spiritual failure?
3. Read II Corinthians 5:17 and Romans 6:11-14. What do these passages teach about our ability to be victorious over sin?
4. Read John 5:1-11. What makes some people unwilling to ask for help, and be satisfied being at a standstill in their lives? How can saying ‘yes’ to Jesus with a willing attitude transform us?
5. Select one of the following areas that needs to be ‘healed’ in your life:
Worry, Idolatry, Pride, Insecurity, Greed, Stealing, Patience, Forgiveness, Eating, Selfishness, Lying, Bitterness, Insecurity, Vanity, Anger, Gambling, Sexual sin, Children, Occult, Fear, Apathy, Marriage, Shopping, Laziness, Parents, Rebellion, Guilt, Addiction, Alcohol, Envy, Drugs, Friendships, Profanity, Gaming, Fitness, Pornography, Depression, Self-Discipline, Social Media, Critical spirit, Technology, Procrastination.
5. What excuses have you been making in this area?
6. Which of the actions step(s) below do you still need to take?