Small Group Discussion Guide
- ‘In the Storms’-
- What is your favorite and least favorite kind of weather?
- Were you afraid of storms as a kid? If so, why?
1. Read Acts 27:20-25
- Our key point for this week is: ‘Never let the presence of a storm cause you to doubt the presence of God.’ Why might we be tempted to doubt God’s presence in the storms of life?
- Share about a major storm you’ve experienced in your life. How has it changed the way you relate with God?
- Do you need to forgive yourself or others for causing a storm? If so, what step(s) can you take toward forgiveness?
2. Read Psalm 16:8 and Psalm 46:1-3
- Pastor Bryan said: ‘Peace isn’t the found in the absence of a storm. Peace is found in the presence of Jesus.’ What are some ways you try to find false peace? How will you seek God’s presence instead?
- What lesson have you learned through a storm that God can use to help someone else through their own storm?
3. Read II Timothy 4:16-17. What can we learn from Paul’s words to Timothy?
4. Read Hebrews 13:5; Romans 8:37-39. Pastor Bryan said: ‘My faith is not in what I see. My faith is in what God says.’ How might you apply this truth on a daily basis?
Who do you know who is going through a storm and how can you show them God’s love this Christmas season?
Recall a stormy season in your life. Consider writing it out, and then look for the ways God was with you all along. Finally, thank Him for it in prayer and worship this week.