Small Group Discussion Guide
-Do You Know Him?-
What is the most unique thing you have ever ordered online or had to go shopping to find?
1. Read Matthew 7:13-14
- What does Jesus mean when He says, Enter through the narrow gate?
- Jesus’ teachings in Matthew 7:13-14 brings to mind Proverbs 14:12 which says, “There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end, it leads to death.” Why does that road (that leads to destruction) appear to be so right to so many people?
- The essence of “salvation” (narrow road) is being saved from our sins. Apart from faith in Christ, what are common ways people (and other religions) seek to “find God” or hope to experience heaven?
2. Read Matthew 7:15-20
- Why does Jesus warn us about false prophets? Why are they so dangerous?
- How does Jesus tell us to know the difference between the true and the false? Why might it be difficult to spot a false prophet?
3. Read Matthew 7:21-23
- Why does Jesus say, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven?”
- Why is prophesying, driving out demons, and performing miracles not enough to enter into heaven? What does Jesus mean when he says, “but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven?” (see John 6:28-29)
- Are you trusting in Jesus alone for your eternity or is there a part of you that is still clinging to your good deeds?
How can you better protect yourself against false teaching?