Small Group Discussion Guide
If Nothing Else... Worship
What is your favorite worship song and why?
1. Before hearing this message, how would you have answered the question, “why do we sing in church?”
Read John 14:16-17
2. When have you experienced the Spirit working in your life?
Read Ephesians 5:18-20
3. What does it mean to you to “be filled” with the Spirit?
4. Why do you think Paul first mentions singing to one another before he mentions singing to the Lord?
5. When was a time where you were impacted by the people singing around you?
6. Name a time where you felt completely free to express your love and affection for God in a worship service. Is it hard for you to express yourself in worship? Why?
7. What has God done in your life that you are thankful for? Why do we sometimes struggle with worshipping out of thankfulness?
Is there anything you need to bring before the Lord in prayer, in order to change your attitude toward worship?
Moving forward, how might the way you worship change?