Small Group Discussion Guide
-If Nothing Else... Invest-
• Why do you think most Christians shy away from any kind of evangelism?
1. Read Mark 16:15; II Corinthians 5:19-20; Acts 1:8
- How are you doing in the area of sharing your faith in Jesus with non-Christians?
- What holds you back from talking about spiritual things?
2. Invest in relationships with the unchurched.
- How many close friends do you have who are not Christians?
- Why do you not have more friends outside the faith?
- What are some hobbies/activities you could do with non-Christians?
- Why is befriending someone before sharing your story so important?
- How might simply living your life in a godly way (in complete dependence on God) in front of the unchurched make a big impact on them?
3. Read Acts 17:22-31
- How did Paul connect his spiritual story to theirs?
- What might you learn from Paul’s example here?
- What was Paul’s attitude toward the Athenians?
4. Think about your spiritual story...
- In one sentence, explain what your life was like before you met Christ.
- In one sentence, explain when and how you put your faith in Christ.
- In one sentence, explain how your life is different since you became a Christian.
5. Oftentimes people are afraid to talk about spiritual things because they might not be able to answer other people’s questions.
- Why is it not necessary to have all the answers in order to share your story with others?
- How could you respond if someone has a question about God or Christianity that you can’t answer?
Come up with a plan to do certain activities (hobbies) with people outside the faith.
Practice saying ‘I’ll pray for you’ when people share something big going on in their life.
Once you befriend someone and you’ve had a conversation about spiritual things, consider extending an invitation to one of the following...
Coffee or lunch; ‘Explore God’ website (exploreGod.com); book recommendation; invite to our church; ‘Starting Point’ class; Married Events; Date Nights; Men’s or Women’s events or studies.