Small Group Discussion Guide
-If Nothing Else... Serve-
What message does our culture communicate regarding the most important things to pursue in life?
1. Read Mark 10:35-45 and Mark 9:33-35
- How do you suppose serving makes you great?
2. Read John 13:3-5, 12-17
- How do you suppose you’ll be blessed if you serve like Jesus served?
- In what situations is it easy for you to serve?
- In what situations is it difficult for you to serve?
3. Read Matthew 4:19-22
- The disciples left ‘at once’ and ‘immediately’ followed Jesus. Why is it important not to hesitate when you feel called to serve?
4. Read John 14:15, Luke 11:28; I Timothy 4:7-8
- Why is obedience so important in the Christian walk?
- Why do we have to discipline (train) ourselves to be godly and what does that look like?
5. Read I Peter 4:10; Matthew 10:42; Acts 20:35
- Speaking to the church, Peter says we should use our gifts to serve others. What are your gifts and in what ways are you serving your church family?
- Prayerfully consider how you might serve your church body and discuss options with your small group.
Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = never; 10 = always) in these two critical areas:
How often do I choose obedience over convenience?
How often do I look for opportunities to serve?
What are some ways you might improve in these two areas?