Small Group Discussion Guide
Share about a book you’ve purchased in the “Dummies Series” and why you think this series is so popular.
Read Proverbs 9:6; Proverbs 22:3
- Do you struggle more with the minor decisions or major decisions in life?
- A popular phrase of regret is “if only.” Name an “if only” regret in your lifetime. In hindsight, can you see how knowing and obeying God’s Word could have helped you avoid this regret?
T – TALK TO GOD
Read I Thessalonians 5:17.
- Rate your prayer life on a scale of 1-10 (1 = poor, 10 = great).How often do you pray? Do you ever journal or write down your prayers? If so, explain how this benefits you.
- What do you suppose Paul means by this phrase “pray continually” and how might you practice that on a daily basis?
Read Matthew 6:5-13 and identify all of the principles of prayer Jesus taught.
Read James 1:5-7; Hebrews 11:6
- How often do you involve God in your decision-making and how might you improve this habit?
- How does doubt interfere with our prayer life and why do you suppose God is ‘bothered’ by our doubts?
E – EXAMINE GOD’S WORD
Read Proverbs 1:5, II Timothy 3:16. Rate your ability to study the Bible on a scale of 1-10.
- If you’ve ever been through a Bible Study methods course/study, what are the best principles you’ve been taught when it comes to Bible study?
- Why do you think we sometimes feel like the “rules” in the Bible are restrictive rather than for our own good? What does this say about our trust in God?
FOR FURTHER STUDY...
Log on to the website below to learn great principles regarding how to study the Bible: