Small Group Discussion Guide
-Salt & Light-
What is your relationship with salt like? Love it, hate it, like a little?
Would you ever put salt and olive oil on ice cream?
Read Matthew 5:13
- How have you been “salt” at school, work, in your neighborhood, and community? What tangible examples can you cite?
- What would it look like to lose your saltiness? Is there such a thing as being too salty?
- Are you making people in your life thirsty to know more about Christ? How has God accomplished that in and through you?
Read Matthew 5:14-16
- What point is Jesus trying to make here? What is significant about light?
- Do people in your school, workplace, and neighborhood know that you believe in Jesus? In what ways have you communicated this to those who know you?
- What can you do to be more public/visible about your faith in Christ?
- How can you measure your success? What would it mean for others to “see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven?”
As Pastor Bryan and Pastor Jason have communicated throughout this series...”Abiding in Christ,”....doing every moment with God is the Key. Take some time this week and try increasing your awareness of God’s presence in your everyday life. Increase incrementally throughout the week and report back to your group your experiences.