Small Group Discussion Guide
Share the story of a time when you were a ‘peacemaker’ in the midst of a conflict.
1. Read Matthew 6:13; Romans 12:21. Why do you think the concept of ‘evil’ is rarely discussed in our society today?
2. Read Matthew 5:9; Romans 12:18, 21. The word peacemaker means ‘to reconcile’ or ‘to make friends out of enemies.’ Share a story of a time when you witnessed someone overcoming evil with good.
3. Read II Corinthians 5:18-20. Pastor Bryan described love as ‘to will the good’ and evil as ‘to will the bad.’ What might it look like ‘to will the good’ of someone who is not a Christian?
4. Read Matthew 5:10-12; Romans 12:12. Why does God say these negative things result in Christians being ‘blessed’?
5. Read Psalm 139:7-10; Acts 17:28. How does recognizing the fact that God’s presence and power is always right there with you, help you when you are enduring evil and suffering in life?
6. Read Matthew 7:1-3; I Corinthians 4:3-4. Why do you think Jesus and Paul gave such strong admonitions against judging others?
Where is there tension or conflict in your life, and how might God be calling you to be a peace-maker in that situation?