Small Group Discussion Guide
-HOW TO LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE-
What would you say was a defining moment in your relationship with God that redirected your life? (Could be salvation or possibly an experience you’ve had.)
Read 1 John 4:15-16, 20-21
- Why is it important for us to love another?
- How can you develop that love for God in your heart on a daily basis?
Read 1 John 2:15-17
- What will loving the world produce in our lives? Name examples of:
- The Lust of the Flesh
- Pride of Life
- Lust of the Eyes?
- Is it possible to only sin in one of these categories?
Read Numbers 20:6-12. Why was Moses upset by the Hebrews?
- Why wasn’t Moses allowed to enter into the Promised Land?
- Was God’s decision a fair one? If so, why?
Why can no one hurt your feelings?
- Why is it important for us to own our emotions?
- How can our feelings be used as a wedge in our relationships?
- When we blame others for our feelings, what do you think we get out of it?
Read Ephesians 5:18-21. How does one get filled with the Spirit?
How can we stay filled with the Spirit throughout our day?
What are the things that can keep us up from yielding our lives to God?
When your feelings arise in you in a given situation, ask yourself why are you feeling what you are towards another? Then ask what are you getting out of this reoccurring thought?
Be mindful of the things you watch and listen to on TV, music or talk radio.
Since thoughts drive the boat of our lives, decide to spend a little more time in God’s word.