Small Group Discussion Guide
- What is your favorite Olympic event (summer or winter) and why?
- Read Matthew 6:19-21; I Corinthians 3:10-14; Hebrews 11:6; II John 1:8; Revelation 22:12
- The Bible repeatedly mentions rewards in heaven as a motivation for obedience in the Christian life. How often do you think about heavenly rewards as a motivation for obedience?
- What do you suppose rewards (treasures) in heaven might look like?
- Read II Corinthians 2:14-16
- Why do you suppose Paul’s message had such a strong aroma? How well are you spreading the aroma of Christ (is your fragrance mild or strong)?
- Read I Peter 3:15; Matthew 5:14-16; Acts 1:8; John 4:10-15
- Pastor Bryan showed a clip from the movie The Three Amigos to show us that Christians are often enjoying the ‘water of life’, but not sharing it with people around them who are dying of thirst. Why do you suppose we do that and are either callous or unaware of it?
- Evangelism is a command and a privilege. What is your #1 fear when it comes to sharing your story (how you came to Christ) with someone?
- Read I Peter 4:10 (S – Serving Others)
- According to this passage, every Christian has received a gift they should use to serve others. Have each individual share their primary spiritual gift and how they’re using it.
- Read I Peter 5:5 (H – Humbling Ourselves)
- Why is humility such a difficult attribute to work on? What advice would you give someone who is struggling with pride?
- Read Psalm 15:1-2 (I – Integrity)
- Integrity is important but is quite often compromised. Share an anonymous example of a work-related incident where integrity was compromised (knowingly or unknowingly).
- Read Luke 15:4-7 (N – Noticing the Lost)
- What does this passage reveal about God’s heart for the lost? Why do you think so few Christians have relationships with unbelievers?
- Read II Corinthians 9:2 (E-Expressing Enthusiasm)
- Bryan mentioned that Christians shine when they express enthusiasm about their faith. Share an example of how an enthusiastic Christian has stirred you to action.