Small Group Discussion Guide
-LIFE’S GOLDEN TICKET-
What are your New Year's Resolutions? Why?
1. Read John1:12 , 2Corinthians 5:17, Romans8:17.
- What do these verses tell us about who we are?
- Why is important to know who we are? What will it give us in life?
- What role can creating values help guide in our life? What values do you hold to that you would like share?
2. What are some ways people can grow in their spiritual life? What were the greatest times of growth in your life?
3. In John 21:20-22, Why do you think Peter was concerned about the way John was going to die?
- How can comparing our spiritual lives to others be particularly harmful to us?
- What is the solution to our tendency to compare?
4. Read Colossians 2:7, 3:15, 4:2; 2Timothy3:2.
- Why should thankfulness be an important aspect of our spiritual life?
- How can celebrating the victories that God gives encourage us in our walk?
Who are you? It is a difficult question, but knowing who you are can help you receive great clarity for change. Ask your family to sit down with you and come up with some family values that are based off of who you are. The values can be like gracious, encouraging, loving, etc. After you do that, put those values into sentences and talk about how they play out in everyday life. Feel free to get creative.
Sit down with a pen and paper and write out all of the obstacles and learnings that you have experienced in the last five years. When you are finished notice how God has brought you through each of them. Say a prayer of thanksgiving afterwards.