Small Group Discussion Guide
‘Joy in Your Attitude’
‘Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus’ Philippians 2:5
In what ways would you say PMA (living life with a Positive Mental Attitude) can make a big difference in a person’s life? Explain how PMA might only take you so far apart from a personal relationship with Christ.
Read Philippians 2:6-7
- What is the most mindboggling part of Jesus (God’s Son, the Almighty Creator of the Universe) becoming human?
- What does the phrase “[Jesus] ...made himself nothing” mean?
- Why do you think we struggle with serving others?
- How does Jesus becoming a servant impact your view of submitting yourself to
- other’s and serving them?
Read Philippians 2:8
- What do you suppose the phrase “became obedient to death” mean? Read John 3:16; Romans 5:8; I Corinthians 13:4-7
- According to Scripture, the love of God drove Jesus to die for our sins. Explain the link between love and sacrifice.
- Which facets of love in I Corinthians 13:4-7 do you need to work on in your own life (patience, anger, etc.)?
On Sunday, you saw a video of some of our people who served the poor and did evangelistic outreach in Mexico. Where are you serving others on a regular basis (in the church, community, other)? What step(s) might you take to be more servant-oriented, like Jesus?
Read The Angel Stadium Declaration (see sermon outline). Would you be willing to commit yourself to such a bold statement? Why or why not? What would have to change in your life in order for you to truly live out this declaration?