Small Group Discussion Guide
-What’s Your Logo?-
• What is your favorite logo and why (e.g. for what it represents, the message in the logo, or association with a special memory)?
1. Read 1 Corinthians 1:22-23; I Corinthians 2:1-2.
What is the core message of Paul in these verses?
How does the core message differ from the expectations of the Jewish people (looking for signs of power) and the Greek learned people (looking for wisdom)?
2. Read 1 Corinthians 1:17-18.
What styles of preaching does Paul say he avoided?
Why did he do this even though he could have ’killed it’ using the other styles?
3. Read Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16; John 5:24
• According to these verses what is required to receive salvation, forgiveness of sins and eternal life?
4. Read Luke 9:23; Galatians 2:20.
• According to these verses what is required to be a disciple, and truly commit to following Jesus?
If you are debating in your mind whether to follow Jesus wholeheartedly, what is holding you back?
What would it look like to ‘live under the cross’ in each of these areas... (answer as applicable)
- at work?
- at school?
- at home?