Small Group Discussion Guide
Share how competitive the environment is in your community or at work. How does this affect your relationship to your neighbors or colleagues?
1. Share with the group your secret to getting along with others; or conversely, why you have a tough time getting along with others.
2. Read 1 Corinthians 1:10-12
- What is Paul appealing to the church at Corinth to be or do?
- What is the source of the quarrels? Why would this be a point of contention in the church?
3. Read 1 Corinthians 3:3-4
- How does Paul describe being worldly?
- If Paul infers that human nature draws us towards disunity, what then can Christians do?
4. Read 1 Corinthians 1:17
- How does the power of the cross of Christ get emptied by Paul’s (or Christians) behavior?
What are ways that you can be a source of unity at home, church, and workplace?
If unity comes through the way of the cross in self-giving love, how are you doing?