In support of our church purpose, "reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ", the Missions Ministry exists to develop a missional mindset in our people. The vision is that every man, woman, and child attending our church would have the opportunity to experience missional activities and to fully develop their personal missions ministry.
One of the ways in which we do this by the offering of our short-term Mexico mission trips a couple times a year. This is an interactive, inexpensive and accessible mission opportunity that allows members to take a next step in their spiritual journey. We have a long and ongoing relationship with the people in Piedras Negras, Mexico and have been amazed to see God work over the years.
The 3 major components of each trip are:
- Opportunity for every participant to share the saving message of the Gospel
- Discipleship training moment
- Opportunity to directly serve people in need
Next Trip: The Great Tamale Project December 19-23, 2018
* Tamale Baskets for 500 Families = Many hearing the Saving Message
* 50/50/3 = 50 Mexican Believers & 50 American Believers in 3 Neighborhoods sharing their stories and God's Story
* Nightly in the 3 Neighborhoods: Adult Worship, Kids crafts/carnival, Teen projects
* Homeless immigrants from deep south: Help feed them, share Jesus with them, show love to the children
* Opportunities to show your light and share at a prison and orphanages
* Help with a wedding for a couple that can not afford one
These are just some of the many ways anyone of any age can help serve the people of Piedras Negras during this trip.
There are 3 ways anyone can be involved:
- DONATE: sponsor a basket for $20. Click Here
- GO: come with us for $30/person or $60/family + $5/ person for water. Click the link below to register.
- PRAY: ask the Lord to prepare the hearts of the families who will receive the baskets and hear the saving message of the gospel, as well as those of the missionaries going to Piedras Negras.
As you can see there is something for everyone to do. It’s a great way for families to serve together and for the adults to teach and train up young leaders. We also focus on multi-generational serving as everyone is divided into work teams based on your first name. So at home base, you may be flipping pancakes next to someone who is 12 or 72. You will get to know others on the trip, make some new friends, and become like family as you continue to come back each year