If you are going on our next trip please be sure to read through the details below.
1) CONTACT INFO:
First Baptist Church
Pastor Israel Rodriguez Segura
Telephone: 878 78 80771
Large facility with gym and outside basketball court
Use classrooms as sleeping quarters, 4” foam mattress provided
4 men’s and 4 women’s showers on site
Minimum of 3 meals will be provided each day
Specifically, we stay at the school named “Instituto de David Livingstone”
3) COST OF TRIP:
$30/person or $60/family; plus $5/person for water –
Please pay when you get to Piedras Negras (Cash or Check)
A minimum of 3 meals will be provided each day (plus a night-time snack)
Usually meals include a simple hot/cold breakfast, sack lunch, and full hot dinner
Local Restaurant, time permitting are available
5a) Passports / Identification
US Passport or the new Passport Card is strongly recommended. A Driver’s license and birth certificate may be used but can add delays re-entering the US.
US Passport or Passport Card is strongly recommended, Youth under 16 may use birth certificate and a photo ID (e.g. school ID). A guardian form is needed if under 16, and not accompanied by a legal guardian or parent.
Please follow these links to apply for a passport or passport card. Please allow processing time.
Passport Card (Mexico and Canada only) – Less expensive
Full Passport (World Travel)
Current Processing Times
5b) Guardian Forms
Minors under 18 not accompanied by parents are requested to have a parent signed form (notarized) indicating the responsible adult trip sponsor for that youth. The form needs to indicate the power to authorize emergency medical services. This form must be collected before leaving Georgetown by the driver. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
5c) Non-HCBC GT Participants
We request that participants from other churches or independent individuals complete a liability release form. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
6) AUTO INSURANCE:
If you are Driving, please check your insurance. Some policies include coverage if you do not go beyond 10 mi from the border. We recommend optional, temporary insurance from Mexico at the following web site:https://www.mexicaninsurance.com/default.asp
7) PLACES WE WILL BE WHILE IN MEXICO:
Please check the Missions Web page or e-mail for current trip itinerary. Please note, what we plan and what God plans for us are usually different. Changes always occur based on the situation at hand. Please be flexible and know that God is in control and will bless our work under any circumstances.
8) WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable work clothes for each day (modest – avoid tank tops, shorts above mid-thigh, tight clothes, inappropriate t-shirts, etc.). Summers are very hot and Winter can bring chilly evenings.
- Clothes for the number of days we will be there (Note: Jeans and appropriate t-shirts are OK.)(Note: A washing machine is available but do not plan to use daily)
- Casual dress clothes for Sunday worship
- Closed-toe shoes (work shoes and regular shoes)
- Water Bottle (Note: Please do not drink tap water while there)
- Toiletries and Shoes for bath and kitchen
- Pillow, sheet, blanket or sleeping bag (a floor mattress is provided)
- 1 small roll of toilet paper/person - Just to keep near you
- Work Gloves and Hat
- Tools and Equipment (See the Trip Plan or call to see what you might bring)
- Optional cash for the Mexican market, Misc needs ($50- max)
- Camera/video camera. (Note: that only secure storage will be locking things up in vehicles- so leave your really important valuables and electronic devices at home.)
- An open heart and a willingness to do what is needed to help!
9) CELL PHONES:
Check with your carrier; international roaming will probably apply ($1-2/minute; $1 each for text message) Some carries do have coverage in Mexico with no additional charge if your service is international. You may wish to disable roaming serving. Please contact your phone carrier before coming.
10) DIRECTIONS TO PIEDRAS NEGRAS:
I-35 S thru San Antonio to exit 111 (Moore),
Exit 111, marked as US-57 to Eagle Pass, (Amigos Gas Station)
Hwy 57 for 95 miles to Eagle Pass (Last town before border)
*If before 10PM cross at “old bridge” (stay on 57),
After Crossing the old Bridge**: $2.50 border bridge toll (approx)
Go through Mexico Customs.
Follow ahead on Abasolo St. (old town) go 1.7mi
Right Turn on Roman Cepeada (McDonalds on corner) go 2.6mi
Left (across median) on Lázaro Cárdenas – go 0.4mi
Right on Aquiles Serdán – go 0.3 mi --- Church is on Right
*If after 10PM cross at New International Bridge south of Old Bridge.
Please call and let us know of your arrival time if not in a caravan.
Call if you prefer to have someone meet you on the Mexico Side of Border