Small Group Discussion Guide
-A Challenge for All Ages-
Do you personally struggle with accepting the aging process in your life? Why or why not?
Read Philippians 3:13
- Paul says he “forgets what is behind” him. Do you have trouble letting go of past failures and mistakes? If so, why?
Read I Timothy 1:13-16; Psalm 103:12
- How does knowing God forgives our past sins help us to move forward in life?
Read Philippians 3:12
- Paul says he is not perfect or complete, meaning he still sins. Why is it important that we accept imperfections as a natural part of the spiritual growth process?
Read Philippians 3:13-14
- Paul had a goal in life – ‘winning the heavenly prize for which God called him’ (i.e. rewards in heaven). Why is it important to have goals and objectives in life?
- Would you say your goals and objectives in life are in line with what God desires for your life? Explain.
Read Philippians 3:16-17
- Paul held his life up as a model. On a scale of 1 to 10, how well would you say you model a godly life? Share an area of your life where you’ve experienced spiritual growth recently.
Read Philippians 3:18-21
- Some people’s minds are set on earthly things, but our ultimate citizenship is in heaven. How should knowing that we are only here on this earth for a brief blip of time impact how we invest our time each and every day?
If you’re a Christian, forgive yourself for your past mistakes because God already has. Don’t keep reviewing them in your mind – let them go.
Accept the fact that you’re not going to be perfect. The next time you sin, don’t beat yourself up... confess your sin, learn from it and move on.
Set at least one new goal based on heavenly rewards instead of earthly rewards.