Small Group Discussion Guide
Joy In Your Walk With God
"...if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind." Philippians 2:1-2
Share a time when you were most joyful in your walk with God? What was going on? Why were you so joyful?
Read John 10:27-29 & Romans 8:35-39
- Why should it be an encouragement that we are secure in Christ for eternity? What does that free us to do?
- What other benefits have you experienced from being united with Christ? Read John 15:5
- What does Jesus mean when Jesus says, “apart from me you can do nothing”?
- Share a time when you achieved something and still felt unsatisfied.
- Describe what having a close fellowship with the Spirit looks like? What does that person do, or say.
As a group, answer the 4 key questions to finding joy in your walk with God.
- Are you encouraged by the fact that you are united with Christ?
- Do you find comfort in the love God has for you?
- Are you experiencing a close fellowship with the Spirit?
- Do you think of God as One who treats you with tenderness and with compassion?
Look at the next steps on the Sermon Notes.
When will you find time to spend alone with God on a daily basis?
How do you see yourself fellowshipping with the Spirit throughout the day?