Small Group Discussion Guide
What is your greatest concern about dying?
How often do you think of heaven... and how do you envision heaven?
Read II Corinthians 5:1-10
- What is the most exciting aspect of knowing you will one day receive a perfect, glorified body?
- Believers in Jesus are guaranteed a home in heaven, but will still have to stand in judgment for rewards. What is most concerning to you about standing before Jesus and giving an account of your life? How can you turn this into a motivation to live for Christ, like Paul did?
Read I Corinthians 2:9; John 14:1-3; Revelation 21:1 to 22:5
- What is most appealing to you about the concept of heaven?
- What is most concerning to you?
Read Philippians 1:21-26
- Pastor Bryan said: ‘When you can face death with confidence, then you can face life with joy and purpose.’ Share your thoughts on this statement.
Read II Corinthians 12:1-4
- Paul had experienced the joys of paradise, first hand... which is why he could say authoritatively “to die is gain” and “to depart and be with Christ... is better by far.” Do you think you would live life differently if you tasted of the joys of paradise like Paul did? What’s stopping you from living that way, in spite of not knowing for sure what heaven will be like?
Read Philippians 1:22, 25
- Paul’s motivation for staying here on earth was “fruitful labor” that resulted in helping others to progress spiritually and experience joy in their faith. What can you do to serve others in a way that might help them grow spiritually?