In support of our church purpose, "reaching people with the life changing reality of Jesus Christ", the Missions Ministry exists to develop a missional mindset in our people. The vision is that every man, woman, and child attending our church would have the opportunity to experience missional activities and to fully develop their personal missions ministry.
One of the ways in which we do this by the offering of our short term Mexico mission trips a couple times a year. This is an interactive, inexpensive and accessible mission opportunity that allows members to take a next step in their spiritual journey. We have a long and ongoing relationship with the people in Piedras Negras, Mexico and have been amazed to see God work over the years.
The 3 major components of each trip are:
- Opportunity for every participant to share the saving message of the Gospel
- Discipleship training moment
- Opportunity to directly serve people in need
Next Trip: The Great Tamale Project December 20-24, 2017
This trip focuses on feeding the hungry as we share the saving message of the gospel and celebrate the birth of our Savior. Raw material supplies are gathered to make tamales and in Mexico we assemble the supplies into baskets that we hand out at "posadas" (Christ-centered Christmas parties).
12/20 and 12/21 - Teams arrive & wrap kids gloves and hats
12/22 and 12/23 - Baskets Assembled and Handed out at Posadas, Orphanages, Soup Kitchen and Women's Prison
All Programing will be finished by 3pm on 12/23/17 for those who want to drive home on Saturday. Lodging will be available through Saturday night for those who want to Worship with our Mexico Family on Christmas Eve and drive home Sunday.
There are 3 ways anyone can be involved:
- DONATE: sponsor a basket for $20. Click Here
- GO: come with us for $30/person or $60/family + $5/ person for water
- PRAY: ask the Lord to prepare the hearts of the families who will receive the baskets and hear the saving message of the gospel, as well as those of the missionaries going to Piedras Negras.
As you can see there is something for everyone to do. It’s a great way for families to serve together and for the adults to teach and train up young leaders. We also focus on multi-generational serving as everyone is divided into work teams based on your first name. So at home base, you may be flipping pancakes next to someone who is 12 or 72. You will get to know others on the trip, make some new friends, and become like family as you continue to come back each year
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Mexico Mission Coordinators, Jackie & Joel Holcomb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Register For The Trip:
Registering for the trip can be done by completing these three steps:
- Fill out the form below.
- Sign the Liability Release Form (found here) for each attendee.
- Before going on the trip, read the Trip Details page (found here) to find out important information on accomodations, cost of trip, required legal documents, and more.