WHY BECOME A MEMBER?
We believe membership at HCBCGT benefits you personally and strengthens our entire church family. Membership gives you:
- A sense of belonging, contribution, and unity
- A voice in the direction of the church
- Spiritual benefits such as support and encouragement from your church family and expanded opportunities to use your gifts in ministry
- A personal stake in the vision of HCBCGT
What’s the difference between a member and regular attendee at HCBCGT?
In addition to the fact that members have made an upfront commitment to discipleship and a greater investment in the life of our church... only those committed to membership can:
- Vote in congregational meetings for: purchase of real property, confirming a Sr. Pastor, terminating a Sr. Pastor, confirming elders, and amending the Principles & Practices.
- Serve in primary leadership roles, lead teaching positions, and be considered as an elder candidate.
Becoming a Member
The commitment to membership is available with the following requirements:
- You commit to Connect, Grow and Serve at HCBCGT.
- You agree with the essentials of our What We Believe statement.
- You agree to and sign our Membership Covenant.
- You complete the Membership Form and testify to two elders of your salvation by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ