Volunteers accepted year round.
A background check and some basic training is required.
Please consider volunteering as a Student Mentor at Cooper Elementary.
Amy Brown, Executive Director, Georgetown Partners in Education
Mentor E-mail: email@example.com
Dear Prospective Hill Country Bible Mentor Volunteer in GISD:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Student Mentor. Mentoring can make a BIG difference in someone’s life. By dedicating as little as 30 minutes once a week with a student, you can improve self-esteem and encourage kids to stay in school, improve their academic skills and provide support for new behaviors, attitudes and ambitions. Mentoring opportunities are available at every GISD school. Mentoring is a rewarding and meaningful experience for both the Mentor and Mentee! Just a small amount of time per week can really help a student. Signing up to Mentor in GISD is easy!
There are two steps to complete to become a GISD Mentor to help children:
First, prior to working with children in GISD, all Mentor Volunteers must successfully complete and clear a criminal background check through the GISD "Mentor Fast Track online Application" process on the GISD home webpage.
The following are directions on how to accomplish this task:
(Completing the standard Volunteer application does not clear individuals for mentoring.)
1. Go to GISD home web page at www.georgetownisd.org
2. Access the “Career and Volunteers” tab in the top margin and scroll down list to “volunteer & mentors”.
3. Scroll down page to “MENTOR Fast Track Application/background check”. (Please READ online “MENTOR Instructional link” provided BEFORE actually processing your application)
4. On the last question, make sure to indicate your preferred campus as “Hill Country Bible Mentor”
5. Complete application and submit.
6. Upon completion of this process, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let GISD know you have completed the Mentor Fast Track application and would like to mentor.
Second, All Mentor volunteers must attend ONE Mentor Volunteer Training session prior to mentoring. Mentor Training sessions are offered the first Thursday of each month at 10:00 AM at the GHS Annex (2295 N. Austin Avenue) in Room 816. If you are unable to make one of these dates, please call for options.